Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Go Yellow Jackets!

Taylor and her cheer team competed in Cupid's Cheer challenge this weekend. They had cheer teams from all over the valley. I bet there were 25 different teams.

Tay with  her dad after their first competition.

This is their first cheer, which they took first place in.

This is sideline cheer that they also took first place in too!

Taylor and Brandie Turpin- this is a friend from The Academy and they went to lots of Highland cheer camps together as little girls. I can't believe that they are this big already and competing for real!

They won judges choice too! They took 3rd in Pom, (a cheer and dance with their pom moms) and their stunt group took 1st too. They were all amazing and have worked hard. This would include the waking up at 6 am every tuesday and thursday to be to cheer by 6:30. Then they cheer at their games after school till 5:30. They also perform at school, do fundraisers, cheer in parades, etc. This has been a lot of work, but a good experience for Tay to learn to work hard. 

Tay has Division competitions this Saturday as well. I think they will do great again. Then she cheers for a few more games, and helps with try outs for next year and we're all done! I will be glad to sleep in to 7 again!!!!

No comments: