Peri loved played catcher after all. She may follow in her Uncle Derek's footsteps.
Marlee and GG came to watch Peri play softball and cheered her on. She had lots of fans this year while she played.
Peri watched this very cool video on how to draw with letters and numbers. She drew this one and immediately mailed it to Crista. Pretty good- huh! Aftie, you may have an artist in training on your hands.
Peri and Claire Mullen enjoying their water break during the primary activity
The kiddos and I made an assembly line and made these cupcakes for our primary activity. They were such great helpers. Taylor drew on the faces and did a pretty great job, Ashton and Peri were candy corn placers and Ashton was very precise in where they were placed. I just got to frost. We sang and told silly jokes and laughed and ate way too many candy corns.
Tay and I with the sweetest baby, Mr. Austin. He is so much fun, and we are the only ones that have been able to babysit him. He had open heart surgery when he was 2 days old and his mom is still so nervous about letting him go just anywhere- so we were honored she let us love on him for a few hours!
The two legged basketball race, this is Ashton and Roan Shawyver. I love that boy and wish we could adopt him. He's such a good influence on Ashton.
This is toss the balloon into the ring, which turned into "smack your fellow friend with a water balloon"- very fun and felt good on a hot day!
A great primary activity day. It was called the singing olympics and my whole family was on hand to help at every station. Thank you wonderful family
Father's Day! Cam was spoiled with a pop cake (in the background) including Diet Mt. Drew, and Fresca, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and Jerky! HIS MOST FAVORITE TREATS! we have such a good dad and he loves us so much and takes such good care of us. He's not only good to us, he loves (teasing) all of our kiddos friends and helps so many people. We're lucky to have him!
Ashton received his Arrow of Light award. He has worked hard on his scouts and I'm very proud of him. He and Spencer Crockett were awarded it at the same time.
The mom also receives a pin for each stage that he passes. I have them all in my purse and they remind me often when I look at them, what a great kid he is. He is in Boy Scouts now, and then when I blink he will be 12 and into young men.
Peri's last game. She was a great player behind the pitcher and made some great throws to first base to strike girls out.
We're going to miss watching her play, but not the super hot sun!
A little game of glow in the dark golf.
GG- is there anyway you can help this girl learn how to putt? Seriously- look at that stance, she also wacked the ball so hard it hit the wall and bounced right back at her.
This was a fun family activity, but my kids were telling me to calm down. I think I've played golf with GG too many times. I was asking the people behind us if they wanted to play through (yes, that's right in miniature golf) then I was telling each child to get the ball ready and waste no time with practice swings, just hit the ball. Hurry, hurry, hurry! Doesn't that sound like GG!!!!
The 2nd Annual FUEL color race. This was all held for our school, The Academy. I think we raised over $10,000 all in efforts to make our school better. What a fun race.
Here is Peri and her best friend, Carli. One of the sweetest and most polite girls I know. They ran together most of the race.
The green station
Peri had a hard time keeping those huge sunglasses on, but loved it.
All done!
I think Ashton got the worst of it! He beat us all to the finish line and ran the whole thing.
A dirty family, but had fun. It was a race to see who could all get the best water pressure in the shower as soon as we got home. I won!
4th of July and a very hot parade! OH, boy was it hot- you can see Ashton really loving that otter pop.
Tay marched in the parade with the cheerleaders. She's going to hate this, but I have to write it down to remember. It was so hot, and when she reached the end, she threw up(in her words- a lot of water)! I think she was dehydrated and had some heat exhaustion. But, she made it!
Right before the parade- such cuties.
Enjoying the sand at Bass Lake
Ashton and Taylor are out there in the kayak. Ashton, Marmee and I also went for a paddle boat ride and saved a beach ball and very old frisbee stuck way out in the trees on the bank. Marmee can make anything an adventure. We had a great picnic, and then went to the fireworks. It was such a hot day, but we had fun being together.
Ashton and Cam caught a few fish too.
















1 comment:
love love love you all!!
Post a Comment