Monday, April 1, 2013

blogging....what's that?

When I talked to my mom on the phone yesterday, she throughly sounded shocked when she heard my voice.  She said, "are you really alive,"- it's true I am.  What a crazy whirlwind of weeks we've had around here.  We've been showing our house like crazy, which is good- but nobody seems to want to buy it.  It's just turns me into a "crazy lady" as Taylor puts it.  She says I sweat alot and run around really fast.  They have all been so helpful and very patient.  Realtors call and ask to show it sometimes with only 20 minutes notice. I'm not that clean!!!!!!! We're still not sure where our dream home is, so I guess in retrospect- it's a good thing.
We've had Pinewood Derby, Green Eggs and Ham/Reading Night at our School, Cam speaking to the youth about careers, Tay preparing for her swim meet, lots of trips to the library, Ashton preparing for baseball tryouts, Peri started soccer (in lots of rain and snow), preparing for Spring Book Fair/Grandparents Night, lots of scout stuff, field trips at school, Ashton winning Citizen of the Week at school, Ashton got a brand new mountain bike,

and then I ended writing this post, because someone called to see the house and I never finished it.

So, I'm updating it now.

Since this post, It's been about two weeks.  In that time we lost a sweet unborn baby in our family.  It's a very private thing, so I won't elaborate on it anymore. I just want to remember this time as a special one, in that we all came together for each other.  I'm thankful to Cam and the way he honors his priesthood and helps hold our family together.  I'm proud of him and all his brothers. I love them dearly.

We were then shocked with more sad news, that our best friend Travis Kunz had passed away from a routine surgery.  Travis and Cameron were best of friends growing up together in the good old 34th ward.  They went to elementary school, junior high, and high school together. I love listening to all the funny stories and good times they had growing up together.  But, their relationship grew even more, after they returned home from their missions and both started college. They were taking almost all the same classes.  He met Shelby, and Cam met me.  We hung out almost every weekend together.  Soon, we were both married and living the wonderful "poor" easy young newlywed life.  Life was simple back then.  We rented lots of videos, went out to eat at simple places, and made dessert together.  Then, I had Taylor and Shelby had Abbie and we took turns having kids.  Then we moved out of our apartment, and they moved out of their apartment and we didn't see as much of each other as we'd liked.  But still kept in touch.  My heart has been so sad for Shelby and just ached for her and her sweet babies.  But they have been so strong and I know they will be okay and will be happy again.  Cam and I have lost so many dear friends at such an early time in their lives and have been heart broken.  It always puts our lives in perspective, to cherish each day. To be a little kinder to one another, to be more forgiving, to be a little more patient and to be loving.  We never know when it is our time to leave this earth.  I know without a doubt we will be with Travis again. But, I so miss him right now. I know you'll be watching down on all of us Travi, taking care of us and seeing what we're making for dinner!




A little hike with Clue out to Arbon valley






The Donut Kindergarten Field Trip- can you tell Peri is loving every second of it.




Baby Paxton hanging out,  ( I think he's eyeing the ice cream sundae bar) while we play a little Mexican Train with the dominoes- my new favorite game. The Jeppsens know all the fun games. 

Lori Turpin and I went for a spa day- Happy Toes

This is a picture I found of Cam and Travis, right after an accounting test and I'm sure a TOM'S hamburger.

This is Cam, Josh Snell and Brandon Rherer. It was good for Cam and so many others to catch up and trade happy and fun memories. I think it was healing.




The only fun thing the kids did during spring break, was take a friend to Deleta to roller skate 2 hours. They loved it though.

A quick easter egg hunt with our neighborhood, right after the funeral and 20 minutes before someone came to look at our house.  It wasn't as memorable as I'd like to it have been.








Ashton made it to Districts with his car. And yes, he got a hair cut the next day.

4 comments:

Kara and the girls~ said...

Oh Megs, I am so so sorry to hear about the sad news. I love you and it definitely makes you remember how precious life is when these things happen. Miss you so much- can't wait for June! Give Cam and the kids big hugs from all of us. Love you

Lisa said...

Sending you lots of love!

Jill said...

hey!! sad post.. couldn't tell if the miscarriage was you or maybe one of your sister in laws?? they are never fun. and the rootbeer winner for best tasting rootbeer was henry weinhard, b/c it was the creamiest and sweetest. but none of the kids could tell which brand was which without looking, only Ryan

Amishka said...

Sending all my love!