Sunday, August 8, 2010

Boise and an anniversary
















Cam and I decided to spend our anniversary in Boise this weekend. Marmee and GG wanted them to come and stay while we enjoyed our vacation. I think they may still be sleeping, but said they had a great time (my dad said they were a "real joy"). When we came to pick them up, they had a thousand things to say. They swam mostly the whole time in Marmee's pool, went to Beezus and Romana, went to King's, got LOTS of candy, bought hula hoops, new pool toys, and CLUE. They had a fantastic time. Thank you soooo much mom and dad.

Cam and I had so much fun relaxing and just being together. We did some shopping, went out for sushi, visited the most amazing candy store, went to Inception, slept in till 10:30, went to the Old Boise Penn, and ate more wonderful food and shopped.

My dad says laughingly, "something must be wrong with your marriage if you visit the Old State Penitentiary on your anniversary." Well, I must agree it seems very disturbing - HOWEVER - I went there in the 4th grade and have never forgotten it. I told Cam, he has to see it. He loved it. We spent 2 hours there and took lots of pictures. A must see, if you ever go to Boise.
We also went to the Sweet Shoppe. This place is amazing. They have music playing that's all related to candy. Then the movie Willy Wonka playing on a big tv. It's surrounded by pictures of the original cast from now and then and their autographs. I love candy!!!!!! We found tons from our childhood, that are hard to find nowdays and lots to bring home. Remember Neopolitan's- Yum.
We had a great time together laughing and holding hands, can't wait for number 12.
Love being married to Cam and having anytime away with him.

3 comments:

Marley Family said...

Ahhhh Scary!!!! The boise penn is freaky!!!! I hate that place. I went there in the 4th grade too! I have never forgotten the awful feeling there. You are so brave! Happy Anniversary! Glad that you were able to get away;)

Sam, Sheerstie, Jaylee, and Caden said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun this weekend. you both look so happy, and that makes ME happy:) Love you both! hope the next 60+ years are just as great! I'm almost an Idahoan again!!! another week and a half!! can't wait to be close. Happy Anniversary

Ang said...

Wow, sounds so cool! The Boise Penn might sound like a strange place to go on an anniversary, but I think because you love being together anywhere it's perfect! I've heard Inception is great - did you love it?!!