Tuesday afternoon, while putting Peri down for her nap, Ashton came running into my room yelling, " I didn't turn the hose on mom, I didn't." After trying to figure out what he was talking about, we run down stairs to see our 6 ft. window wells full of water. It was the scariest sight. Then water started pouring through all the cracks and filling up my new carpet. It was horrifying. So, I screamed and said some naughty words and called Cameron. He was in Rexburg and then I screamed again. He called his two best friends, brothers and dad and they got here soooooo fast. They all began to jump right in and figure out a solution. The snow run off had melted and had saturated into the ground and came pouring through the window wells. John-O Billquist, jumped into the window well up to his waist and threw buckets of water out forever. I'm sure he had hypothermia. They were all such huge life savers. To make a long story short, I had one room of ruined carpet and a muddy back yard- with lots of clean up. We're also working with the city, our builder, the church behind us who didn't make a proper drain, a lawyer, our insurance and several others- to get this mess fixed and not ever happen again. We're so thankful to all our friends and family who helped save our lives that day. It could have been soooo much worse.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
OH, the mess
Tuesday afternoon, while putting Peri down for her nap, Ashton came running into my room yelling, " I didn't turn the hose on mom, I didn't." After trying to figure out what he was talking about, we run down stairs to see our 6 ft. window wells full of water. It was the scariest sight. Then water started pouring through all the cracks and filling up my new carpet. It was horrifying. So, I screamed and said some naughty words and called Cameron. He was in Rexburg and then I screamed again. He called his two best friends, brothers and dad and they got here soooooo fast. They all began to jump right in and figure out a solution. The snow run off had melted and had saturated into the ground and came pouring through the window wells. John-O Billquist, jumped into the window well up to his waist and threw buckets of water out forever. I'm sure he had hypothermia. They were all such huge life savers. To make a long story short, I had one room of ruined carpet and a muddy back yard- with lots of clean up. We're also working with the city, our builder, the church behind us who didn't make a proper drain, a lawyer, our insurance and several others- to get this mess fixed and not ever happen again. We're so thankful to all our friends and family who helped save our lives that day. It could have been soooo much worse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am so sorry, we hope you can get it all put back together. floods are no fun
Oh my gosh!!!! I can't believe that happened. Well, yes, I can, with all of that snow melting, but OH MY GOSH! I thought what Ashton said was so little boy and so cute. I am thankful that you have such great friends that were able to jump in and help you out and so quickly. I hope you recover from this okay.
oh no! I am so sorry...what a mess to clean up. I'm glad that help could come quickly. good luck these next few days!
I'm so sorry Megan! What a terrible mess - but rest assured John-O had more fun scooping out water than working.... I'm just glad he was close enough to help out!
yep... that pretty much SUCKS:) can't wait to see you all
Oooh yuck! There isn't much worse than soggy basements. Hope you get it fixed for good and don't have to deal with it again. Thanks for the pics of Ashton's b-day, it was really cute. Totally a bonus that he didn't want a cake. My kids don't even like cake but they always have to make great plans for what their b-day cake is going to be.
I heard about that flood....no fun! Is that why your sign is down? Good, maybe you'll be stuck here a little bit longer! I'm not ready for you to go yet!!
Post a Comment