Taylor's first day of school was on Wednesday! It was a smashing success. I'm so proud of her. My pictures are not downloading right now, but hopefully I'll figure it out soon. She looked so adorable. Cameron was in Las Vegas, so the kids and I woke up at 6:45 a.m. That's some kind of record in this house! We all got bathed and fed and off to school with smiles.
To preface this little story- Ashton spotted a squirrel outside on our way to Orcas Island and yelled, "he mom look at the squrrler", instead of squirrel. He laughed at himself and said" I just can't say squirrel . I laughed so hard! So on the way to school Wednesday, I can hear Taylor whispering to Ashton in the back seat" if mom starts to cry just yell squrrler." So of course I hold myself together until I get in the car and then I hear Ashton yelling " hey mom, look it's a squrrler" Well, then all my tears turn into laughter and I was okay. Who will calm me down when Peri goes to 1st grade? I love these kiddos.
Taylor updates us with new stories everyday, which are very entertaining! She comments on everyone's outfit and hair and what they said and what they ate for lunch. She's bound to be a comedian some day. If not, she says Auntie Amy will always laugh at her- "she thinks I'm hilarious"
The kids have also been telling knock knock jokes for about a month. They don't make any sense at all. They just laugh at each other and make up something about whatever they see around them. So, Cam and I couldn't take it anymore. We spent several hours on line last night looking up good knock knock jokes. We've vowed to memorize several and teach them to the kids, so at least they make sense when they tell them. We actually found some pretty good ones and we're laughing so loudly we woke up Peri. She climed in bed with us and watched the rest of the olympics. We just love our kids, they truly bring purpose into our lives.
To preface this little story- Ashton spotted a squirrel outside on our way to Orcas Island and yelled, "he mom look at the squrrler", instead of squirrel. He laughed at himself and said" I just can't say squirrel . I laughed so hard! So on the way to school Wednesday, I can hear Taylor whispering to Ashton in the back seat" if mom starts to cry just yell squrrler." So of course I hold myself together until I get in the car and then I hear Ashton yelling " hey mom, look it's a squrrler" Well, then all my tears turn into laughter and I was okay. Who will calm me down when Peri goes to 1st grade? I love these kiddos.
Taylor updates us with new stories everyday, which are very entertaining! She comments on everyone's outfit and hair and what they said and what they ate for lunch. She's bound to be a comedian some day. If not, she says Auntie Amy will always laugh at her- "she thinks I'm hilarious"
The kids have also been telling knock knock jokes for about a month. They don't make any sense at all. They just laugh at each other and make up something about whatever they see around them. So, Cam and I couldn't take it anymore. We spent several hours on line last night looking up good knock knock jokes. We've vowed to memorize several and teach them to the kids, so at least they make sense when they tell them. We actually found some pretty good ones and we're laughing so loudly we woke up Peri. She climed in bed with us and watched the rest of the olympics. We just love our kids, they truly bring purpose into our lives.
1 comment:
hey tay...it's me, the chicken lady! glad to hear you are keeping up on everyone's business at school. that's important. don't let anyone fool you about the importance of good grades. it's all about the threads, girlfriend.
Post a Comment