What a great Independence Day! I love the freedom we so richly enjoy in this country. I'm so thankful to all the men and women who serve every day to make this a safe haven. I feel so blessed to be here now, in this place and at this time.
We spent the day before with our good friends, the Wrides. We drove to Bear Lake for the afternoon and evening. We played all day in the warm water, building sand castles; and snacking, and watching the kids swim. Then we roasted hot dogs and sat around and laughed. It was a great day. We also enjoyed a lot of sand in everyones hair and all over in the car.
Today we took the kids to the parade, which always makes me cry. I don't know what it is about parades. I feel this overwhelming feeling of pride and gratitude. I love to see my kids be excited about seeing something new. I love all the people that worked so hard to make a parade come together. I just love it all.
Peri was adorable, waving to every single float. I think she got the most candy in the entire parade route. She would sway back and forth to any music that came by and do a little "candy" dance when someone would throw it her way. Cameron said to Taylor and Ashton that they should thank Peri for their abudance of candy. She has a way of drawing people in, she's just to cute!
I later cleaned the entire car and all the clothes that went to the beach, it was a process. After that we headed to Uncle Derek's for a bar-b-que and fireworks. We spent the evening with Cam's family and watched the kids spell out their names with sparklers. It was a great day. Happy 4th of July everyone. We love you
1 comment:
it sounds like a great holiday for you! that's a great family photo by the way. you are all looking lovely, as always! love you!
Post a Comment