Sunday, June 22, 2008

Watch out Grammy



This was the scene when I returned home this evening. It was straight out of the Hitchcock's, "The Birds." If Grammy had been here, I would have seen her head for the hills followed by a deafening scream. It was very eery.

We just got home from taking Cam to the airport again. This has become a Sunday ritual. The kids beg him to get on the plane so they can watch it take off, then it's questions and tears all the way to the car. They can't wait for him to get back. Taylor and Ashton also know he will return with some kind of treat. I overheard Taylor asking for very specifically a pack of pink and purple striped bubble gum. I think this is a sign he's been gone a lot. Hopefully, this next month things will slow down for him a lot. He's working soooooooo hard!

This weekend was also accompained with the "setting up of the tent" in the backyard. It took a little bit of work to finally get it in place- but then I, Megan Eddie slept in the tent all night long. I would just like to point out that I was alarmed to roll over in the middle of the night and find Mr. Eagle Scout, Mr. I can hack it through wind, snow and hail; had gone inside. Apparently he was cold. Which one is the true scout now I ask you???????


However, as we were putting up the tent today, Cameron casually mentioned this was a practice run for this weekend, as we are all going camping for the 4th of July. The kids screamed and jumped around with joy while I stared at him in complete disbelief. We shall see, Cam.....We shall see.


Well, lots of love to everyone. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

amy said...

oh, boy. you are truly a pioneer. the first guthrie girl to camp in a tent, voluntarily. i'm so glad i married ryan, who also enjoys not sleeping in a tent!