Taylor's cheer team won first place AGAIN at their Regional Championships. They were pretty excited. They performed for the last time this weekend and Taylor and I were both glad to be done. Taylor said she liked it, but doesn't like getting up early for practices. It taught her a lot! Good job Tay
Here's Peri reading her sweet letter from Grammy which included Grammy Dollar's. When they finished writing their thank you notes to Grammy, Taylor said - it's helping her save for Driver's Ed; Ashton said he was just plain saving; and Peri said she was buying hygiene kits for the homeless. I thought maybe they would just all take me out to dinner- but no such luck. They always have a plan. We love you Grammy and that you care so much about us!
Ashton requested for his birthday to go to Twin Falls and go to the amazing fun toy store, go bowling and go swimming at Marmee and GG's. Wish Granted! I love this picture of Ashton in the background riding the remote control scooter. Best toy store ever.
Ashton is still trying to figure out the whole not lobbing the ball thing. He is much better- but Peri managed to beat us all (and that included using the bumpers up for all of us). I do not see a professional bowling career in any of our futures.
Ashton asked to go to La Casita for his birthday AND GG joined us, which was the highlight of the whole meal! Look how happy he looks too. He is such a trooper and made it especially for Ashton!
Then we went home for presents and cake. This is a very fun kite, that Ashton can't wait to fly. Come on wind!
Hugs for Marmee
Ashton asked for the Cherry Cheesecake that Marmee makes. He loved it.
Hugs for GG
Sisters- do you remember this pan and this dessert? I love it still.
And there is the same recipe and Mom's hands. I love this picture
Ashton had his actual birthday dinner on Sunday. He requested Lasagna, Ashton's green salad, and cheesecake from Costco with Raspberry sauce. He also got tickets to the Averett Brother's in Boise with us, cousins, aunts and uncles. It should be wonderful.
This was the most magical part of the whole birthday! GG drove all the way to Pocatello and showed up for Ashton's priesthood ordination to become a deacon. GG had not been in a car since his first surgery and Ashton was sad that he wouldn't be there. Cam and I thought for weeks about how to get him there, or if we should kidnap the Bishop and go to Twin Falls. We just knew it would mean a lot to Ashton if GG could be there. Well, the Sunday morning began, we went through all of church and right as I was finishing primary Sharing Time- I looked up to see Marmee standing in the corner of the room. I made a gasp and all the primary kids stared and turned to see her there. I immediately began crying and ran to hug her. She told me GG had come too! I had witnessed a miracle that day and an answer to my prayers. I know it was a very difficult and hard thing for GG to do, but it will never be forgotten. Ashton is one lucky boy, who has so many that love him and care about him. What a special amazing day! Thank you Mom and Dad.
Ashton had all the Eddie family come over after the ordination and eat brisket, smoked mac and cheese and other yummies. Cannon told Cam in this picture, that he looks like a chef and that he knows what he is doing. I think it made Cam feel pretty good. I also love this picture, because you can see little Brekkon's feet in her car seat, sound asleep.
Mr. Decker, Callie and Peri enjoying each other.
OH my Tay Tay- always ready to strike a pose for the camera.
Here is Brekkon and Bodee. Aren't they sooooo cute!
And yet another special moment! GG passed this tie tack onto Ashton, which was given to him from Grandma Peggy. His note was so sweet and will be cherished forever. SO MUCH LOVE! How lucky are we to have families!!!!


















No comments:
Post a Comment