Friday, April 3, 2015

Time to catch up, again!

I can't believe it's been over a month since I last blogged.  My blog book will be very skinny compared to rests of the books I usually make. However, at least I have a little bit to say about what is going on in our lives.  I'm purposely putting off writing my Idaho History paper about Polly Bemis, to write about my own family.
Peri was citizen of the month, and it was extra special since the mayor of Pocatello was there to give her the award. She was so excited.

My sweet assistant, even watched my class so I could go watch Peri get her award and of course her dad came too. Peri and I later to went to Pizza Pie Cafe to celebrate with the other kiddos.  It was a special day.

We had Dr. Seuss night, and I had my classroom  set up as the hat making station. Can you read Taylor's hat for her and Peri? Seriously! Peri does not looked amused.

Uncle Mike and Aunt Jenita came to visit and got to catch a couple basketball games of the kiddos.


It was a great season! Cam's team won every game except for one, which was lost by one point on a buzzer beater, which was then followed up by a ref pushing one of our coaches. That was something!

Crista played in the William Joseph concert in the orchestra which was amazing. William is an amazing pianist- and I could listen to him for hours.

Cam and I took everyone out for a little Kiwi Loco afterwards. Crista brought her boyfriend, Makenzie who we have all fallen in love with. He even says we have great kids, so we think he's a keeper.  

I cut off a ton of my hair, after being "inspired" by Yuseph Rahim. He is a very fashion oriented kindergartener who told me one day that I needed a new hairdo! He was right- the next day, he came to my desk and said, "yep- I was right about loosing the curls." He is seriously so funny. However, I still have to wear my natural curls somedays because I don't have enough time to straighten it! Thank you Yuseph for your insight! Wrecker, my big wild kindergartner also called me a "movie lady" which made my day. Love those kiddos

Crista and Makenize after Sunday dinner at our house.

This is GG, not a hostage being held in my home.  He was trying to liven up dinner, I think! Peri loved it.

I took my kindergartner's to Texas Roadhouse for a field trip- which they all loved. They were most excited to crush up peanuts and throw them on the ground!

Taylor made cheerleader! She is so excited and can't wait to start practice. She's signing up for a tumbling class and Cam and I get to take her to early morning practice (6:30 a.m) twice a week. That's on top of school and volleyball and young women presidency and trying to be a helper at home!

This was a sweet note I got from Audery Soderquist. It say's Mrs. Eddie, you are a great teacher, love. Audrey.  If that doesn't make you want to get up early every day to teach- I don't know what does.

Cameron had his basketball team over with their families for a celebration dinner. Cam cooked tons of smoked ribs, chicken, and pulled pork. The boys had a blast playing outside together and running around the yard. It was a fun night.

Here's Taylor with her future cheer sisters, Ashley DaBell and Kemmi Tolman. They are sweeties, and I hope they will all stay good friends and influences on each other.

I saw Clue asleep one night by the door, and he had blown a bubble and I thought it was hilarious. It stayed there forever. He's such a sweet puppy.

Peri's last basketball game, Ashton loves to photobomb every picture I take. Goofy!
Peri starts soccer practice tonight, which Cam is coaching (with the same undefeated players as last year) and then she will also be playing fast-pitch softball (can't wait to watch her do this-she is so excited)

SPRING BREAK! The kiddos and I went to Twin for a couple days while Cam was in Boulder.  They decided to make cupcakes with Marmee.

Notice, the photobombombing again!

The girls made the cutest cupcake wars cards and MADE us decide who's won! It was so hard to decide- they both did a soooooo cute job.


They even wrote out descriptions of what they were like- loved it.

Of course swimming!

Of course, silliness right before bed!

Peri and her friends from school, all went to see Cinderella.  Marmee and I and the girls went over Spring Break, but Peri wanted to go again. It was such a beautiful movie- I can't wait to buy it.

Then, they went to Pizza Hut and had a fun time. These are great friends.

I bought the kids a new toy, called the "sporter"- it's so much fun, and I even caught Cam riding it one night, after dark in the driveway. Come over and give it a try- very fun.

Latest project for my house. It's my favorite piece of music, Rachmaninoff's "A Theme on Paganinni" which I blew up with the help from Staples and made a frame for it and antiqued it. It's hanging right above my stairs.

We went for a family hike, which began in tears, but ended with smiles.  Cam took us up a VERY steep trail and Cate ran off before we could get her GPS collar on her. This resulted in me and Ashton running as fast as we ever have trying to catch her. Little Stinker! Eventually she came to Cam and we could track her- she's like a crazy circus dog jumping and bounding all over the place. The dogs loved it.


It was super windy that day

Nobody loved it more than the two happy dogs in the back!

1 comment:

amy said...

I love all of this! especially the kindergarten student fashion police.