Sunday, June 16, 2013

Baseball continues & A basketball winner

Ashton started baseball tournaments last week and is doing great! The turning point of the last game, was when Ashton smashed one into the outfield.  I was so proud and yelling and screaming.  Peri leaned over and said, "mom, I think you're a little excited." Yes, I was.  I was so proud.  They won!! We took several boys from the team out for ice cream after it was over.  They are such good boys. Most exciting was when Ashton got the game ball.  He got hit right in the finger when he was up to bat, and it split his thumb nail and started bleeding. He was tough and played on.



On Saturday, Ashton was asked to play with a team for a 3 on 3 basketball tournament.  After just one practice on Friday night, we met early Saturday morning at Century High and began playing.  They were in a bracket of 4th-6th graders.  They beat the first team, which was all girls- but GOOD. Then, they played another team of girls- not so good. Then onto a team of 6th grade boys- TOUGH! Lots of shoving. Then they played a team of girls that were very good.  We barely beat them in overtime and then played another team of girls- who were just just as good! There were quite a few girls crying and pretty upset when it was all done.  Ashton played so hard and did his best. Once again, I was a very proud mom.  They won their bracket! Way to go buddy. He was also in the newspaper this morning.






Here's his picture in the paper

DSC_8950

1 comment:

amy said...

that is the best newspaper picture! down and dirty, ashton! way to go!