Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Snow College reunion!!!!!

This was the best way to start my trip. My first flight was next to one of my old Beehives, Katelyn Barfuss. Now, she's the cutest mom of Peter and married and man, I feel old. It was fun to catch up on her life and love on Peter. So cute!

Lisa had a SNOW t-shirt for Lise and I and yummy chocolate pecans from Paris, all beautifully wrapped and waiting our arrival. How sweet is she!!!!!!

The original Snow College girls

Visiting the Lincoln Memorial- in the rain. But it was amazing!

The Jefferson Memorial- thought I'd be a smart aleck and take a picture of his backside.  I tried to pose exactly like him, but after I saw the photo and MY backside-it was quickly deleted! I loved the ceiling and all the architecture of this memorial. It's actually sinking and needs to be repaired asap. A little unknown fact from the best tour guide ever- Ms. Lisa!

I loved visiting The Eternal Flame.  I have such an obsession with the Kennedy's, (and Princess Grace of Monaco, and The Titanic-just in case you wanted to know)  It was such a quiet and peaceful place, and didn't think I should smile for the camera. It was so quiet.

One of my favorite's- Arlington House. This was also Robert E. Lee's home. You can see all of D.C. from his front window. So much history there.

Tomb of the Unknown solider. We got there right as the changing of the guard took place.  What a moving experience. I will never take my freedom for granted again.  I recorded the whole thing for Ashton and he loved it as much as I did.  Taylor can't wait to go visit, hopefully in 8th grade with me as her chaperone. 

Night at the Kennedy Center.  We saw a night with Stephen Schwartz (he wrote Godspell, Wicked and music to several Disney movies) It was actually his birthday, so he came to the stage and performed several numbers while 4 amazing Broadway actors sang his music with the National Symphony Orchestra.  It was incredible!

Then of course a stop at Serendipity III. Who can pass up frozen hot chocolate?!!!

The last night, we went to Washington D.C. Temple. What an amazing temple.  Lisa says, all the pilots use it as a guide and the traffic controllers, and everyone else on the radio. It is brilliant, and huge and just amazing.  Next time I go back, I can't wait to go inside. 



What an incredible time to spend with two of my dearest friends.  Lisa, Lise and I have been wanting to get together for years after rooming together at SNOW. We finally decided to do it- and Lisa invited us all to her house in D.C. She had an itinerary planned for weeks and planned every last detail! She works for the Dept. of Interior and drove us all around D.C. I loved all of it and took it in like a sponge.  I can't wait to go back. I love all the history! Most of all I loved spending time with these amazing women. We've all grown up, but still can be silly till 3:00 a.m. and laugh till one of us almost pees our pants. We brought our scrapbooks and reminisced for hours!  Thank you so much Lisa and Lise for the greatest trip! Let's not wait another 15 years to do it again. Love you girls.

3 comments:

Jill said...

yay for more posts!! I was wondering what happened to you. you moved!! that is so fun you got to go to DC with your roommates. you looked so cute in every picture. I loved that black striped blazer!!

Katelyn said...

Looks like you had a great time! Woohoo!

Lisa said...

Wow! It's even fun just reading about our weekend reunion! We had such a fun time, thanks again for everything! Love you.