Monday, October 8, 2012

Conference Weekend

Taylor and Peri all bundled up for her game

A little advice from the coach before the game

Grandma Eddie came early to watch Peri

Studying her conference packet

Wes and Peri having so much fun

Angelic Whitney and Taylor

Swimming anyone????!!!!!!

Peri's leaves for her collection

And of course Milo

GG hiding his eyes, while being guided to see what Peri found around the yard.


Watching lots of football and funny commercials

These girls wouldn't turn away for a second, in fear of missing any of Little Women

Ashton "testing" out the chocolate for Marmee


 dessert sundae bar after dinner! YUM

Peri after a day of dress up in her bedroom.! Can you see her asleep on her bed???

I love conference weekend! I love listening to the words of our prophet, who is so sweet. I loved so many talks, and glad we have wonderful inspired leaders to teach us. 
I look forward to making conference packets for my kiddos. They loved them this year, and did most of them in the car. Right after Peri's soccer game (which was 20 degrees) we headed for Boise. We went to visit my sweetest friend, Janae Johnson and her cute family. She is doing so well and I'm so proud of her strength and positive attitude. We had sooooo much fun. I could have stayed and laughed, talked, and cried for many more days. They are just such a fun family, and if you ever get the chance to hear Wyatt tell a joke- please take him up on it. He's hysterical! We met for lunch and then they took us to their beautiful home in Eagle, then met us at the pool in our hotel for a little swimming(shhhh- don't tell the Hilton). The kids swam till the pool closed, while the adults swapped funny stories. I hope it's not months before we see them again. We love the Johnson's!
Then off to Marmee and GG's for the rest of conference, yummy dinner and dessert! Cam watched lots of football with Ashton and GG. The girls got to sit and talk. Then Marmee and Peri went for a nature walk and gathered all sorts of beautiful things from the yard. She was very sad to leave them, but is sure they will be there when she comes back next time! We had a great visit and will hopefully see them this week or next. We can't get enough of Marmee and GG.
Then today, we had a family look at our house. I got to babysit Jay and Jet, and then later Mady and Brooklyn came to play. The Jeppsen kids are the best. I ALWAYS love having them over. That Jet just makes me smile. Peri played so hard with Brooklyn, she crashed as soon as she left.  Cam, Ashton and Taylor are at football practice and I took a nap with Peri. How's that for a wonderful day! I think I'm loving my fall break a little too much!

1 comment:

Kara and the girls~ said...

oohhh I miss you so much!! I am dying to see you and my adorable lil nieces and nephew... hugs and kisses soon for real :)