Saturday, May 7, 2011

This one's for you dad!



Dear Dad,
After you read your birthday card, this will make a little more sense. I ran a 5k today with Cam AND the best girlfriends a girl could ask for. Cam and I started out at the same pace and ended up just 10 seconds a part. I was proud that I ran the entire time(except for 10 feet-while trying to decide if I should stop)Cam kept me going. This was a major accomplishment for me, and I'm excited to keep doing it every few days- so I stay ready for the Ragnar in June. Every time I felt like giving up, I repeated over and over... Taylor, Ashton, Peri. It helped me go on and not stop. Then I came to a tough hill.... and my ipod switched to "American Girl" from Carrie Underwood. It talks about a dad who thinks he's having a little boy and then it turns out to be a girl and how much he loves her and is so proud of her. It turns out, you thought I was a boy with big hands like a football player BUT you were glad I was a girl. Well, I started to cry and realized I could do it, because I knew you were proud of me and you were rooting for me. (Man you'd think I ran a marathon or something- nope just a 5k) It was a great day- with so much support and encouragement. I love you dad! Happy Birthday
Love, Your Meggers

2 comments:

Amishka said...

Congrat's to all you awesome girls.

Jill said...

way to go! I'm excited for your race in June.