Well, it's official- i am now a crazy lady! I was recently called to be the Young Women's President in our ward! I'm loving it already- but very, very busy. I'm sure I'll get into the swing of things- but there is a lot of time devoted to the youth in our church, which I think keeps them busy and involved in good things. This week I went to mutual, organized folders for my counselors and all my girls, got a fireside ready for Sunday, planned mutual for Tuesday and welcomed in 2 new girls. Then we had dance, cheer leading, a baseball game, setting up for the Art Show, then back for more baseball, and another dance class. Then we had a finance meeting at the church which I was in charge of. This was also Taylor's first time to use her babysitting skills. She watched Jaylee, while Sam spoke in my class. Tay worked so hard on her babysitting kit and Jaylee loved it.... or at least for a 1/2 hour. So- good job Tay. She also watches all the little kids' at the baseball game and takes them on the toys and is very responsible. I never have to worry about her. The kids' did a great job on their art and loved it this year. Amy- here are the pictures of the "painters' pallet" cookies. They looked much better in real life, very fun to make.
We also lost my grandma very suddenly on Wednesday evening. It was such a shock and she will be missed. Her funeral is being planned and I'm sad Cam will miss it, since he'll be in Dallas all week. Lots to do- but glad we're staying busy.
5 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear you lost your Grandma. It's never easy to loose a grandparent. p.s. So excited for your new calling ;)
For the record I always thought you were crazy!! :)
You are going to be fantastic. I'm so excited for the girls.
It's okay to say no to some things you know Your making the rest of us look bad. :) love ya Megs
K, you will be the best young womens president ever!!! Was it your "Grammy" or your other grandma? I am so sorry to hear about that, I didn't even know. Taylor you are the best babysitter! Jaylee loved the itsy bitsy spider and especially the bubbles:) thank you so much
those cookies are soooo cute! way to go super-girl! love you!
sorry about your grandma. and congrats on YW pres. you will be FANTASTIC!! ha ha ha...this is going to be payback for all all crazy years at girls camp. but don't be too strict. :) there is a time and place for everything. even shaving cream!!
Post a Comment