Friday, April 15, 2011

Book Fair is over.... till the Fall.







BEFORE

AFTER



The book fair was a pretty good one, seeing as we were only opened 2 days. It felt like so much longer, by the time you organize all the volunteers and all the detail things that need done. We did a fun thing this year to get kids excited about it. We had a bag of 30 numbers and the kid that got drawn out of the bag- got to pop a balloon with coupons from 10 -3 dollars off any book. It was very loud- but very fun. I love working with my co-chairperson, Francoises. She has done a great job keeping everthing so organized- so when I take over, should be a breeze. Marmee and GG came for Grandparents night, which was so fun they said. They especially loved the music program. Mrs. Murdoch, the music teacher said Marmee was the best audience member she's ever had- she said she was so proud of her grandkids. Mrs. Harris also went on and on about how great Marmee was and how lucky Taylor was to have her as a grandma. Taylor also received "Citizen of the Week" which is a big honor and we're so proud of her. She's worked really hard this year, especially toward the end. So proud of the good girl you are Tay. We love you so much!

3 comments:

amy said...

way to go bookfair chair! i'm counting down til i'm done. what a project. phew!

Ang said...

You did a great job on the book fair! I love that I'm sitting in the background of the picture with your parents and kids!!

MyrLynn said...

hummm...maybe next year I will get to help you! We are keeping our fingers and toes crossed!