OH, what an interesting evening we had! It started with lots of tears at home because Ashton wanted nothing to do with being a Shepard. He said he's sure somebody else wanted to take his spot. But, when we said he could carry "Lambie"(Peri's stuffed lamb) he said, "FINE"
So off we went and Taylor of course had a horrible headache and did not want to be Mary, until she saw her friends from school and suddenly as if by magic, her headache was gone.
It had come time for the primary nativity and lo and behold Ashton is seen with "Lambie" on top of his head instead of under his arm. Cam and I just rolled our eyes as everyone else laughed at him. Well, at least he was a HAPPY Shepard.
Then we have dessert and Ashton brings something back to the table that looks highly suspicious. It was a white pudding like square with something that resembled corn. Oh, wait- it was corn. I said, "Bud, I don't think you want to eat that, it has corn in it". BUT, he takes a big bit and starts to chew and then came the gagging followed by throwing it all up over the lovely table and grossing out everyone around us. We needless to say, made a quick exit and missed Santa coming to visit the kids at the end of the program. Which, they are still mad at me for, but I don't care because we all smelled like puke. I hope none of you are eating while you read this. It was a memorable Ward Christmas Party!
3 comments:
haha! I had no idea you had so much fun last night! Isn't it funny that we worry so much about little things our kids do and in reality noone else even notices. Well, maybe the people at your table noticed the puking :)
the vomit is not necessarily the worst part...what kind of dessert is made with corn? that's disgusting! poor ashton!
Hey where is the pic of Ryan drinking from the jug! :)
Post a Comment