Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Hot Dog party






Well, we've almost come to the end of our Book Fair at The Academy. It's been lots of work and lots of fun times too. We had the classes read to earn their "ticket" for a free hot dog dinner with their families. We also promised that the "Super Dog's" would make a special appearance. It was our Vice Principal, Mr. Braak- he's always supportive of any crazy idea we have, and Ashton as Hot Dog in training. The kids loved it and screamed and laughed and took hundreds of pictures with him. We had a great turnout and gave lots of free books away with lots of contests, like guessing how many pages in a stack of books. Cam was the amazing supportive husband he always is and helped served hot dogs, the kids helped with clean up and set up(I did find Ashton hiding under the table at one point with his friend Kaleb-reading a Phineas and Ferb joke book) and taking care of Peri. I love my family for always supporting me in every "activity" I get myself into.

3 comments:

Ang said...

haha! Glad I got to see pictures of the hot dogs! So funny! We didn't get to come because of dance, but I'm glad it turned out! You are awesome! It's probably good that the kids didn't get to squirt Mr. Braack because it would have ruined that awesome costume!!!

Marley Family said...

Your school is always up to something fun!

amy said...

i've never seen such a handsome hot dog!