Saturday, October 16, 2010

A walk down memory lane











Yesterday I took the kids to Rupert, where I spent a good portion of my growing up years. Lots of happy memories. We started out at the greatest fabric store ever, The Gathering Place. The Jensen Family that owns it, were friends growing up. It's always fun to run into old friends and catch up on their lives. After picking out fabric for a quilt for Ashton, a blanket for Peri's babies, and new bedding for Tay, I had a chance to look. The kids had enough of fabric, and went across the street to the famous park on the square. They played freeze tag with Marmee in the old gazebo, and saw all the old things I remember from the park. Then off to a great lunch at Driftwood Inn(the old First Natl. Bank) who serve Mac n' Cheese in adorable dishes. Then we went to see my old elementary school(Memorial) we walked around inside and saw my old classrooms and I wanted to show them the tree that I planted when I was in 1st grade, but there were so many, I couldn't remember which one it was. Then off to the house I lived in, which seems so small now. Why does everything shrink when you go back to visit it? Then we went to a great pumpkin farm with the world's largest corn maze and picked out carving pumpkins. Then a trip to the Rupert Museum- which has tons of great things. My kids loved it. Tay loved the little doll iron and ironing board, Ashton loved the old German war helmets and guns, Peri loved the old dolls and ice cream parlor. Last but not least was a trip to Jake's over the Top for their famous HUGE milkshakes. Notice the HUGE smiles! A fun trip.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

That looks sooooo cute Megan!!! ANd so fun!!!!! I want to go visit Rupert...by the way, do you know about how much the Gathering Place charges to quilt a twin quilt? (quilt and bind if you know what I mean??) :) Also, I would love to see your cute fabric! Post some pictures! :)

Kara and the girls~ said...

oh wow- I would have given anything to be with you guys on that trip! How come there's no pictures of the old house? How cool to see Memorial!! Love you :)

Jill said...

that's so fun. I just got my kimono quilt back from the gathering place. they did the best job ever. I love that store.

amy said...

oh, that looks great! good ole memorial. it looks the same but different. and did you take any pics of the house? love you!