Taylor and Ashton decided they wanted to set up a lemonade stand. They decided this out of the blue and wanted to set it up, that minute. So, we had lemonade, made signs, they hauled out their table and chairs and then they needed cups. I told them we didn't have any, and I'll go to the store later and get some. I'm busy cleaning the house and glance out the window to see the whole operation under way. Cups and all. They had customers and everything. I called Ashton in and asked about the cups. He immediately said, "It was Taylor's idea". He said she'd gone around to the neighbors and asked for cups, if they had any- she'd bring them a free glass of lemonade. Well, I yelled at her to come inside and said to take back the cups and that our neighbors were not our personal grocery store. Our sweet neighbor lady said she could keep them, but Tay told her, "NO, my mom says we have to give them back." (walks off with disdain look)
So, needless to say- I went to the store and bought all the accessories. They've made quite a profit. They passed out flyers around the neighborhood and everyone has been so supportive. They'll be up and running again on Monday- if anyone needs a little refresher. Also, be careful not to give them a 5 dollar bill, you usually only get a quarter back. (we're working on counting back change)
2 comments:
sooo cute! I love the pictures- Taylor is a crafty little one, isn't she? Love you so much- hope you had a great 4th!!
That is so funny!!! My kids loved the otter pops, and they kindly brought me some lemonade - but they spilled half of it on the way home!!
Post a Comment