We spent the weekend at our Annual Henry's Lake trip in Island Park. We went with the Watson's and the Osterman's. I think this is our 11th trip. We had a good time, except for the snow. However, the boys (A.K.A. - AJ) figured out you can still build a fire and have smores with lots of gasoline! Ashton and the little boys rode on the 4- wheelers until we MADE them get off. They were covered in mud and we washed clothes all weekend long. Cameron is even considering the idea of getting him one. He loved it! We also went into Yellowstone Park and saw lots of baby animals. We visited Old Faithful, which the kids had never seen. Very fun. We also went to the Old Faithful Inn, which was amazing. I highly recommend a trip to see it. It reminds a little bit of Sun Valley- but more rustic. We went to Johnny's cabin and fed the big fish under the bridge, went on hikes (AJ carried Peri and she fell in love with him- I think AJ fell in love with her too). While it was yucky outside we played slap jack, the boys and girls texted back and forth to each other, drew pictures, made bracelets, ate snacks, watched movies and played the Wii. We had a great time and enjoy our tradition of being with good friends. We also had a very quiet ride home, as we now have a DVD player in the car. Cam and I kept turning around to check on them, since no one was fighting or yelling. It was a little piece of heaven for 2 1/2 hours.
We also celebrated Cam's birthday before we left. He said, "I just want a nice lasagna dinner and a chocolatey cake with my little family." Easy enough- he's very easy to please. He got lots of fly fishing stuff for his trip and the kids got him little treats too. We love our dad and husband. He takes such good care of us. Happy 33rd!
4 comments:
sounds like a fun trip! hope your birthday was great cam!
awesome pictures! I would love to see a certain old picture of the two of us at Yellowstone (picture this, says Estelle from Golden Girls) Megan and some very frizzy, high bangs!!! I love ya sister!
Looks like fun. Happy Birthday. We are so bad. Derek felt so bad he talked to Cam several times and didn't even wish him a happy birthday. Please forgive us :)
Looks like you all had a great time. Happy Birthday Cam, Looks like you had a wonderful Birthday with your cute little fam.
Post a Comment