Should we pay attention to conference...... OR........play under the tent GG made. As you can see from the photos- GG and Marmee make conference time go by much faster. It's hard for the kiddos to sit through 4 sessions of general conference, but they did amazingly well. Peri and Taylor gave manicures to anyone who wanted one with their new manicure kits from the Easter bunny. Taylor also kept us all "posted" on who was sleeping, instead of watching the tv. Conference was wonderful because so many of the talks were about motherhood. I love to hear the voices of the Lord's servants tell us we're doing a good job and ways we can improve to be better mothers and parents. It is a difficult job, but THE most important and wonderful job there is. I truly love being a mother and I learned how to be a good mom from my own mother.
After conference we had a beautiful dinner of salmon, filet Mignon, spiral ham, deviled eggs, fruit salad, asparagus, roasted red potatoes, homemade strawberry shortcake and cream. My mom can make the most amazing meals.
We went and played baseball out on the lawn with the family- while Taylor attempted to cheer lead on the side(she got hit with a softball, many years ago and may never return to the sport) Cameron shot rock chucks in the canyon, we played a couple games of Clue, read books with GG, ate Easter candy, watched Pollyanna and Mary Poppins and swam hard in the swimming pool followed by a nice warm soak in the hot tub. What a great weekend. We can't wait for summer so we can come spend a week with Marmee and GG. We love you! Thanks for such a memorable weekend.
5 comments:
It was a beautiful conference wasn't it! You are such a good example to me of a sweet and caring mother! I love to watch and learn from you, Megan. Thank you for being you.
Oh man- I miss you sooo much right now sister! I just so wish we could be closer to home to do things like this together- it really sucks to live far away sometimes! Anyhoo- I love you and miss you, and I think you are seriously one of the greatest mothers in the world!
I'm jealous that I don't see SNOW on the ground in your pictures!! :) You have such a cute family!
sounds like a blast!
Looks like you had a lot of fun! What a cute family you have.
Post a Comment