Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter






What a great Easter! We all went as a family to my parents house in Twin Falls. We had a great church meeting, wonderful food and great fun watching the kids. The kids dyed Easter eggs. Peri was especially good at really "stirring" her eggs in the dye, whih resulted in stained p.j.'s. The kids and I went swimming which is always a highlight at Marmee and G.G.'s. The kids were excited to see what the Easter Bunny brought them: Tay- a make your own build-a-bear (she sewed it all the way home), Ashton- a microscope set (to catch and examine bugs), Peri- a Dora paint set and pop up Raggedy Ann book. No candy this year, just fruit snacks and roll-ups. Yeah! No cavities club here we come! We had beautiful weather and watched the kids "perform" outside on the terraced flowerbeds. Taylor certainly does not hold back. She is really into singing the "bear necessities" song from Jungle Book. She's a riot. OH, most exciting of all: Peri is almost potty -trained. It truly has been a miracle. She figured it out in 2 days. I'm so impressed. What a good girl. We've had lots of encouragement from dad and older brother and sister and lots of potty treats. Yeah- we're so excited for Peri. Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

6 comments:

Kara and the girls~ said...

Yay for Peri! tell her how excited we are for her.... i noticed she is wearing the dress from my wedding! how cute- i should pull that out of the closet for teags... anyhoo- love you!

amy said...

i think you deserved an easy potty time after the last sweetie's tough go at it. yay for peri! also, i can just picture tay and her show. i do believe the chicken lady was somehow conceived at one of tay's "shows"!
love you!

Hollie Rae Keller said...

Megan - what a cute blog!!!! Hope you guys are doing great!

-Hollie Keller

~*Summers Family Fun*~ said...

Wow your kids have grown soo much. I have barely even seen your little Peri and now she is getting potty trained!! It's crazy! Your blog is fun and it's nice to see your family is doing well.

Kara and the girls~ said...

Okay- i'm an idiot- after I talked to you today- I looked at the cake picture and realized it is totally a round cake cut in half! I guess I was picturing something else- anyhoo- there you go- I won't argue with you about these things anymore! love you!

Jeppsen's said...

YEAH for Peri!!!
Good luck into getting in to the No cavities Club. I hear that's a hard club to get into!:)