Saturday, May 3, 2014

The going-on's of the Eddie household

Ashton's been playing 1st  base- and Peri say's it looks like he has tail feathers, with his batting gloves sticking out. hee her

He's also been pitching. 

Peri won Citizen of the Month

This is her teacher, Mrs. Warwick. She is very sweet to Peri and loves her

To celebrate, they take all the 8 kids that win, out to Pizza Pie Cafe with their parents and the principal.  It's a fun time. So proud of her hard work.

This is our friend, Ian D'Souza. Probably the sweetest and happiest kid I've ever known.

Tay is getting better and better every week in volleyball. She is working hard at over-hand serving so she can try out for the volleyball team next year.  On another "note"- Taylor tried out for girls choir and made it. She is so excited.  We practiced hard getting her ready for it, and it paid off. She has also informed me, that all "her goals are coming true." She is on student leadership next year, girl's choir, honors math, math counts, and yearbook.  I asked her if she wanted to do year book staff, and she said,"no, I just want to be in the yearbook a lot." OH MY WORD- what will I do with this girl.  

Our poor Closeau got very sick last week. He's eaten several socks before (he loves Peri's socks), but this one got twisted around inside his intestine.  It was the saddest thing I've ever seen. He was so miserable. We took him to Steve Haymore's Vet Clinic and he did x-rays and couldn't find anything. So they kept him overnight in ICU and gave him some Barium and other drugs and hoped he would pass it.  He didn't! So onto emergency surgery.

Steve saved his life! This picture is after surgery. He also had a little nip and tuck while they were at it-- Clue lays on the cement a lot and runs through lots of sagebrush which apparently has made his nipples look like "mushrooms" according to our cousin Cannon.  So, Steve kindly fixed that and he looks like a new dog.  Cam, says he'll have to look good in order for stud fees to pay off this vet bill.
This may be a little too much information for you all- so sorry, but we love our puppy and glad he is okay.  I have to put this in, so I don't forget- when we told the kids they CAN"T take their socks off outside on the trampoline because it almost killed Clue and this was going to be very costly to fix- Taylor started to cry and said," does this mean we don't get to go to Lagoon this summer." WOW- haven't Cam and I done such a good job of parenting and teaching selflessness!!!!!

He couldn't wait to go home, but had to stay another night to make sure he was okay.  

He has to be crated and wear "the cone of shame" for 4 days.  He got to go outside this morning and was so excited.  He's also on a special diet for 10 days and then can eaten normal dog food again and get his staples out. He also had to sleep in the house, which he didn't love.  He loves to be outside and I love for him to be outside.  I've done a thorough cloroxing of every piece of tile he's touched. 

Cam took me to lunch on Saturday at E-Fresh(highly recommend this place), and I was making fun of his "George Castanza wallet."He said he just cleaned it out too! 

Ashton is playing great this year and we love going to his games.  Peri has one more soccer game, and Tay has two volleyball games left.  Ashton plays until the first week in June.  We're running all over the place trying to keep up with everyone- but that's how we like it. A little crazy!

No comments: