The elk hunt came to a successful end. All three brothers shot at a herd of elk and each got the one they wanted. Yeah! Actually, Cam smoked an elk loin last week, and I ate it- and it was very good. However, I can't say I will be participating in anything else elk related! But still proud of you Cam.
Beau's family came to stay with us for a weekend, and it was fun playing with the kiddos. I think Callie and I are friends now.
Just woke up
One of my bestest friends, just moved around the corner from me, Miss Shelby Severe. We got to meet her new husband Rich and his two kids, Ava and Mitch. I'm so excited she's right down the street! I've missed her so much. We had them over for dinner with the sister missionaries.
One of our sister missionaries is from England, and she's hysterical. She'd never eaten hawaiian haystacks or even heard of them- but loved them. She's never ridden in a pickup, and couldn't believe how long and tall it was. She'd never seen a DVD player in a car before and was just like a kid at Christmas time. She entertained us the whole evening. They are both amazing missionaries!
Thanksgiving was fun with all the kiddos. Here's Peri's table setting. We made pilgrim crayon hats, and Mayflower boats and rice krispy turkeys. Then we went for a Tom The Turkey hunt outside.
We played "guess who's grateful for...." that was fun, especially Crista's. "free gas, free food etc...
Crista helped make the gravy, which was delicious.
Cam carving two of the turkeys we made, 1 smoked and 1 baked and 1 smoked ham. Yum
Taylor wanted the turkey leg- wish granted
Cam also made smoked elk loin- which was Ashton's favorite
Peri entertaining everyone at the kids' table
Cute little Jaylee, Decker and Alivia
Camie and Decker doing their turkey handprint
Callie made best friends with "Lantis" the dog that lives behind us.












No comments:
Post a Comment