Thursday, May 2, 2013

So much going on...

A very cold day at Peri's soccer game- I literally got picked up from the wind in my chair!

Uncle Beau took a little break cleaning windows to come watch- thank you! 

Peri has a GREAT soccer team this year, and can't to play again this summer. The Fireballs are undefeated so far!

snow in April- can you believe it? well, this is Idaho

Peri has learned to ride her bike without training wheels. Wa-Hoo!

Our amazing neighbor, Pat fixed Ashton's motorcycle- he is a genius. I still don't know how he did it. The first time Ashton got on, he popped the clutch and it tipped over. Then he wanted nothing to do with it. However, if you notice the picture below- somebody else couldn't wait to try it out!

If that's not the funniest picture you've ever seen- I don't know what is. A big man on a little motorcycle. hee hee he (I think all the neighbors are still laughing) Cam rode it up to the field to see if Ashton wanted to ride it where there was a little more "cushion", but he didn't. So, Cam had to ride it back home while I followed behind in the truck. I couldn't resist taking a picture.

lots of baseball - Ashton getting ready to run home. That's Uncle Derek, his coach standing by him.  Cam is at 1st base cheering him on too.

1st run in.

Taylor's first swim meet.  There she is, in Lane #1.

Uncle Beau and Aunt Camie let us come stay with them, since it was in Idaho Falls. Taylor swam two events; one on Friday and one on Saturday.  Camie and Beau are the best hostess' ever! We had so much fun with them and could love on Callie and Decker forever. What sweeties they are and so funny. There home is so welcoming and beautiful. We love you guys! Thank you a million and for supporting Taylor, it meant the world.

This is pretty much what Peri and Ashton did the whole time waiting for Tay's turn to swim.

Here she goes in the Butterfly Event


Uncle Cam taught Decker how to thumbs up or thumbs down

Decker and Peri watching from the Galley view

Peri's "snake" tongue made out of fruit roll up. Can you tell we were trying to pass the time?

Tay doing her breastroke

Rounding home- good job buddy! The Rockies are undefeated so far.

I found this quote from a blog today that I love that Mr. Roger's shared about disaster.
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers- so many caring people in this world."

After the whole Boston tragedy, I felt so sad. I felt like I could not help. I wished there was something I  could do. I hate when other people have to hurt.  Why them? It made me think of my dear friend Shelby and losing her husband Travis. I hate to see sadness. But, I know that our Heavenly Father is in control and does not want ANYONE of us to hurt, but must use US to HELP one another.  We each make our own choices, unfortunately some of us choose sad ones that hurt others.  We have to be there for one another, to build each other back up, and carry on again.  It reminds me of the pioneers. Sometimes, I wonder how they put one foot in front of the other.  Especially, when they had to bury a baby or a husband. How did they go on? They had each other. They had someone pull them up and help them go on. I can do the same.

1 comment:

amy said...

so much excitement! love you all and think you are amazing. but especially cam and his motorcycle tricks :)