Friday, January 18, 2013

What a memorable day

Cameron and I took Peri with us to Twin Falls today, to celebrate and remember the life of Deb Buttars.  After fighting four years of a horrible cancer, she finally went home.  I've never been to such a sweet, tender, memory filled funeral.  I just wanted to sit in the pew all day and listen to all the sweet stories I didn't know about Deb; or hear the ones that I did.  What an intelligent, beautiful and kind woman she was.  I know she was watching down on everyone there today and smiling and crying with happy tears and some sad tears with us.  She had such a deep empathy for everyone.  She didn't like to see anyone suffer.  We listened to Bro. Bevan share his testimony and love for this gospel and Deb. We listened to beautiful music like "man from LaMancha's -to dream" and "Please Remember."  After a funeral, there is alot of reexamining of ones' life.  I was reminded of all my blessings; my family, a wonderful husband, knowledge of the gospel, and so many more.  Thank you Deb for your beautiful life! I will miss you on this earth.

Sweet Peri got to snuggle with GG, and fall asleep on Marmee through the whole funeral. They said they loved every second of it!

"swollen eyes" after a tender day

We came home to this weeks homework from Taylor and Ashton. They are working so hard, and I'm so proud of them.  They were sad to miss the funeral, but were supported of us going.  When we arrived home, they were playing nicely together and going over their school papers.  Love my kiddos.


1 comment:

Jill said...

my parents were just telling me about the funeral. so sad! that was nice you could be there.