Saturday, August 25, 2012

First Day of School

Guess who's grumpy?

Mrs. Turpin and Mrs. Eddie
Peri playing with friends at the playground


The first day of school was eventful to say the least! Ashton woke up at 5:00 a.m. and promptly turned on all the lights in the house and cheerfully sung " good morning, good morning, it's time to get up." Cameron rolled over, and said, "this must be first day jitters."  Obviously it hasn't happened since. (Cam is officially the breakfast maker now, and the kids have made their lunches a couple of times.) Taylor was mad because I wouldn't let her wear her shorts out of the dirty clothes, hence the lovely smile she's sporting in our first day school picture.  Then, off down the hill to school when Peri and Ashton started SCREAMING that there is a bee in the car.  I swerve over to the side of the road, Peri jumps out of the truck and starts running around in circles and Ashton is frozen solid, because it's on his lap and he's sure it stung him in the face.  I find that the bee has been dead and just flew in the window.  I calmly pull him out of the truck, brush off the bee and "start" breathing exercises with him, pull Peri out of the road and shake her a little to stop screaming.  Motion to the neighbors that have come out on their porches, that it was just a bee and thank you for your concern and then drive in silence all the rest of the way to school! What a way to start the day.
Ms. Taylor is in 5th grade with Mrs. Watson.  Tay has already said she makes her keep her desk clean and won't put up with anything. I LOVE IT! Ashton LOVES Mrs. Harris in 3rd grade and has lots of friends.  Peri is my buddy in kindergarten. We go to school together and come home in the afternoon together.  I love working as the EA in her classroom. Her teacher Mrs. Turpin is so great and I think will become a life long friend. So one week down and loving it!

1 comment:

amy said...

goodness! an exciting start to the new year. couldn't get any better! and really? no dirty shorts? nobody would even know. really? i mean, really? really!