Saturday, April 21, 2012

Grandparents Night

Taylor showing GG her art

Standing by her picture as citizen of the month

Grandpa and GG came for the special event

Ashton and Grandpa
The Academy had Grandparents Night on Thursday and we're so lucky that we have two sets of grandparents that could come.  Marmee and Sheri had busy meetings, but both grandpas got to come. Sheri even came for the last few minutes.  The kids gave them a little tour of their school and had hawaiian haystacks for dinner and toured the book fair. I should say "bought them whatever they wanted bookfair" Seriously, these kids are soooooooooo spoiled! Peri was excited to read her telephone book with Marmee, and Ashton was excited to try his new science experiment about rocks and Taylor has already read almost all of her chapter books. She was also bought an address book, and if you're name is added in it- count yourself lucky. It's very exclusive apparently. We're so lucky to have such support in our family and so much love. Thank you for coming. You make a difference!
The Book Fair is over and was a  wonderful success. I love doing it and can't wait for the Fall one. I can't believe I just said that. It's a lot of work, but so worth seeing all the kids pouring over their new books. I love good literature! I'm reading a book about the real accounts of the Titanic. I'm loving it. Call me if you want to borrow it.

2 comments:

MyrLynn said...

MyLeigh is loving the Titanic Book too! Thanks for recommending it!

Afton Hulse said...

hallelujah to have the bookfair over!!! hope yours was a success. ours went well and so glad to be done!!! love the artwork and the cute grandpas!