Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ashton's Birthday

Ashton wanted a KINECT birthday party so....... first thing I thought was; how do I make a cake and make invitations, play games all centered around a KINECT. Well, don't worry folks, this picture is not a giant tooth, it's actually an X-BOX KINECT remote control. But I got several other thoughts on what it might be. I think it's apparent that cakes are not my forte- but I think I get some mom credit for trying.

There was ALOT of wresting and jumping and yelling and running and anything else wild, that you can think of.  What else can I say- there was 6 boys, who came straight  from school and  knew the next day there was no school. They were a little excited. 3 day weekend- WAHOO!!!!!

We played lots of games "on" the KINECT and "from" the KINECT. This was the long jump. We also had a discus throw in the backyard, and a football throwing contest.





Skiing on the X-BOX

Ashton was thrilled with his new NERF gun from Caleb and made several shooting stations.




2 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Ashton! I love little boy parties!! I think the cake looks great. kudos for even making a cake. my poor kids always know they have a choice for cakes. bakery or baskin robbins.

Ang said...

That cake is super fun! We knew right away what it was! Lucky boys....not so lucky girls in the house!