Monday, March 28, 2011

This week of Spring Break




The kids have been very busy coming up with "projects" during the week. They opened up a nightclub in Cam's office. Complete with a bouncer(Ashton), a red rope to get in(electrical tape), a clipboard with a list to see if "you are on the list". I was politely declined when the name mom was not on the list- but after much discussion was allowed in, because Peri says all mom's can get in for free. They had music going on the computer from the playlists. They had 3 flashlights going as a strobe light and lots of crazy dancing from Peri and Taylor. Ashton faithfully stayed by the door in his chair waiting for the next customer. They are so funny!

Taylor made a "Nancy Drew" bag. She picked out the pattern and material. She cut it all out and sewed it by herself.(with a little assistance by her loud mother telling her to slow down on the pedal) I was very proud of her, and now she's decided to make a skirt.

Ashton has yet another black eye!!! He was spinning around with his arms all zipped up in Cam's jacket and crashed into the DVD stand in the playroom. He screamed and said, "I can't see"- which I immediately thought he had gone blind. When he finally let me look at it, it was instantly swelling and bleeding and turning black. Poor kid. However, to make light of the situation..... Cameron has been prompting him on what to say when people asked him what happened. His responses.... "I got a spelling word wrong on my test", "my mom pushed me down the stairs", "my dad got mad at me". Now, if this comes up at the grocery store and the clerk asks.... please come bail me out of jail and tell them this is all Cameron's fault. Doesn't Cameron have a horrible sense of humor. However it did make Ashton laugh and forget about the pain. I hope this week does not bring any more black eyes.

3 comments:

amy said...

tay! you have to make a bag with aftie! what a talented girl you are. and ashton, you are such a man with all those black eyes!
peri, please give gg a love for me!

Sam, Sheerstie, Jaylee, and Caden said...

Great job on the purse Tay! You are going to have to teach me how to make one! And Ashton... enough with the black eyes already. Do you not get enough attention or what:) fishy will come play with you whenever you want, you don't have to go throwing yourself down the stairs:) love you buddy:)

Annie and Family said...

Poor Ashton! But I'd rather have a black eye on my boys than on my girls... the boys think it's manly I am so impressed with Taylor's sewing and more impresses with you sitting back a letting her do it herself.