Thursday, December 30, 2010

A time to pay back


Yesterday, I was meeting my dad in Burley to pick up Taylor from an extended Christmas stay. He was meeting some clients at the bank, and as soon as they left he said, "Megs, I do not feel good!" He went and immediately layed on the ground and looked pale. I was worried about him and asked if I could drive him home and Cam could follow behind me. With much persuasion, he finally agreed! He quickly went to sleep and it gave me lots of time to think. Think about how my dad has done so much for me and this was one of the first times I could do something for him. I thought about all the cars he'd bought me and always equipped with new snow tires at the first sign of a snowflake. I thought about all the CSI games we went to together, the rounds of golf we played, all the new dresses he bought me for dances. I thought about the day he helped me move for college and how sad and scared I was, but knew he was a phone call away. I thought about the couple times I "accidentally" crashed our cars and he never yelled. I thought about the day I sang a solo in the choir concert and he sent flowers the next day at school, with a note that said I'm so proud of you. I thought about the day I graduated from Snow College and when I looked around the gym to find him, there he was on the front row with a camera and tears in his eyes. The list could go on forever, but I was so glad to finally do something for him. Thank you for letting me dad. I love you!

2 comments:

Kara and the girls~ said...

Wish I could give Dad a big hug right now- thanks for taking care of him Megs! you should know that you are a wonderful daughter :) (and a fantabulous sister)

amy said...

so glad you were there meg! thanks for being so generous with your time and love.
love you!