Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ashton's first wrestling tournament!




Ashton did a great job last night at his very first wrestling tournament. We drove all the way to a little town called Dayton, which was harder than the actual wrestling. My kids are not big fans of long car rides. I think I heard,"when are we going to be there" - fifty times!!! YAAAAAAAA.
Ashton had a pretty happy silly face on the first match. It was like a big play date- then came the next kid. This kid took it pretty seriously and the smile was gone from his face pretty quickly. Then protective mom came out and starting speaking in a very loud clear voice( AKA _ YELLING) for Ashton to knock this kid out. I was literally right next to the mat, "roll him, roll him- push him down- grab his leg". It was not my finest moment, and yes I have it all captured on camera. He scored lots of points on the last match and took home a bronze medal. He says he can't wait to go back again. So - success. I mostly cried silently because I was proud and scared at the same time. Help me out all you wrestler moms.

8 comments:

Kara and the girls~ said...

Yay for Ashton- tell him congrats from us! I think wrestling is one of the strangest sports, but boys sure seem to like it! Chris did wrestling all through school- he was pretty good at it :) Love ya tons!

Jeppsen's said...

I don't think I could handle another kid pinning my baby to the floor. I'm really proud of you megs; gettin in there and cheering him on. He will always remember you being there.

Amishka said...

That's awesome!! I didn't know that they could start wrestling so young. Dayton is where the match was My brother lives in Weston which is very close to Dayton. But I can see how gettig to Dayton could be confusing had you never been there before.

Camie and Beau said...

How fun! Let us know when there are some close! We want to watch! Love ya! Thanks again for all your help with my shower.

amy said...

way to go little man!

Marley Family said...

Thats so awesome! Go Ashton!!!!

~*Summers Family Fun*~ said...

Ha Ha your so cute!! That is awesome how you are getting into it so much. Jake was a big time wrestler growing up and I have seen the videos of his mom at the side of the mat loudly showing her support for him, thats what your story reminded me of and I think it is great!!

Jill said...

It gets better. Pretty soon he will be the aggressive one. I think it is good for them. I always get sick to my stomach before Easton wrestles like it is me going out there :) Good Job Ashton we are proud of you.