It was the annual picking of the Christmas tree last night. As soon as Tay's recital was over we went and picked out the best tree we've ever had. This is such a fun tradition to me and our children. I think Cam would be perfectly happy putting up a fake tree, but say's I'm worth it. It was a blustery 17 degrees and as we all piled into the car and headed home with our tree on top, tears filled my eyes. Not because it was so cold and the heat had reached my face; but because it was our family tradition and we love being together. Christmas is such a magical time. We are saying goodbye to the fly fishing ornaments we've had for the past 8 years and making a new theme next year. I also took some of the leftover branches on the ground at the tree lot to use as a centerpiece on my table. I could hear Cameron sighing " we just got rid of the pilgrims, we're not bringing in the whole forest, are we????????" Oh, yes we are, and you'll love every second of it. After we put up our tree and the kids helped me decorate it, Cam read us the sweetest story. It was called "A brother like that." Tears filled his eyes, as he read and the kids started asking what was wrong with dad. I told them he loves a good story. I highly recommend getting a copy of it. How blessed we are for the knowledge that we'll be together forever. We love Christmas and what it really means.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Ode to the Fly Fishing Tree
It was the annual picking of the Christmas tree last night. As soon as Tay's recital was over we went and picked out the best tree we've ever had. This is such a fun tradition to me and our children. I think Cam would be perfectly happy putting up a fake tree, but say's I'm worth it. It was a blustery 17 degrees and as we all piled into the car and headed home with our tree on top, tears filled my eyes. Not because it was so cold and the heat had reached my face; but because it was our family tradition and we love being together. Christmas is such a magical time. We are saying goodbye to the fly fishing ornaments we've had for the past 8 years and making a new theme next year. I also took some of the leftover branches on the ground at the tree lot to use as a centerpiece on my table. I could hear Cameron sighing " we just got rid of the pilgrims, we're not bringing in the whole forest, are we????????" Oh, yes we are, and you'll love every second of it. After we put up our tree and the kids helped me decorate it, Cam read us the sweetest story. It was called "A brother like that." Tears filled his eyes, as he read and the kids started asking what was wrong with dad. I told them he loves a good story. I highly recommend getting a copy of it. How blessed we are for the knowledge that we'll be together forever. We love Christmas and what it really means.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What a fun family Tradition! Isn't it crazy how sentimental traditions can be, no matter what they are? Your house smelled amazing when we came for Violin today---Love the real tree ! Love the magic of Christmas!
I bet your house smells fabulous now! Gorgeous centerpiece - I'm going to pay you to come decorate my house one of these days!!
By the way, your new background is so great! JaNae:)
WOW! I am so impressed that you get a real tree! Your house looks amazing, and I love the centerpiece...what a great idea!
Looks like fun! Too much work :) I'll stick with my fake one. Love the decor! Everything looks perfect as usual!! Your blog looks great! Love the updates.
WHAT GOOD PARENTS! I AGREE WITH JILL AND WILL STICK WITH THE FAKE ONE. I HOPE TO SEE YOU AND THE CHRISTMAS PARTY!!! LUV YA
Love it all too, Megs- I guess our family does not get the fake tree thing- it does not work for me, either- I have to have a real one that smells good.... Love you, miss you!
Post a Comment